The Fujifilm GF 20-35mm F4 R WR is an ultra-wide-angle medium-format lens that provides an efficient focal vary of 16-28mm in 35mm phrases.
Key options of this compact lens embrace the fixed F4 open aperture throughout the zoom vary, weight of simply 725g and use of the extremely versatile 82mm filter measurement.
Accessible from September twenty ninth 2022, the Fujifilm GF 20-35mm F4 R WR is priced at £2349 within the UK.
Fujifilm Press Launch
UWA world with information-dense large-format pictures
Introducing the FUJINON Lens GF 20-35mm F4 R WR
GF lens sequence’ widest-angle zoom to broaden wide-angle photographic potential
FUJIFILM Company (President and CEO, Consultant Director: Teiichi Goto) is happy to announce the launch of the “FUJINON Lens GF 20-35mm F4 R WR” (GF 20-35mm F4 R WR) on September XX, 2022. Will probably be a brand new addition to the lineup of interchangeable GF lenses designed for the GFX Sequence of mirrorless digital cameras, incorporating a large-format sensor*1roughly 1.7 occasions bigger than a full-frame 35mm sensor.
The GF 20-35mm F4 R WR is a zoom lens protecting the focal size vary from the extremely wide-angle (UWA) 20mm to the wide-angle 35mm (equal to 16mm – 28mm within the 35mm format). The UWA protection to 20mm (equal to 16mm within the 35mm format) captures information-dense topic issues similar to a large expanse of panorama or cityscape with exact particulars in excessive decision, because of the superior functionality of the GFX Sequence. The extensive angle of view, which is far broader than the human subject of view, allows photographing a topic proper in entrance of you from an in depth distance. The comfort of getting the fixed F4 open aperture throughout the zoom vary is coupled with the compactness and light-weight of lens design to offer further mobility, in contrast to the common large-format photographic gear. It’s excellent for customers who journey for a lot of hours in the hunt for huge expanses of wilderness, in addition to for taking pictures a full view of a small room or profiting from wide-angle lenses’ distinctive perspective or capturing scenes in a documentary type. Benefit from the UWA world of capturing each element that spreads out in entrance of your eyes in superior info quantity that solely a large-format photographic system can ship.
*1 A picture sensor that measures 55mm diagonally (43.8mm x 32.9mm) and is roughly 1.7 occasions bigger than a 35mm full-frame sensor
The GF 20-35mm F4 R WR consists of 14 components in 10 teams, together with three aspherical components, one ED aspherical component and three ED components, successfully controlling varied varieties of aberrations to offer superior image-resolving efficiency. With a purpose to inhibit ghosting and lens aptitude, sometimes seen in wide-angle lenses, the brand new lens is utilized with the Nano GI (Gradient Index) coating that successfully controls angled incident rays to reduce ghosting and lens aptitude, thus reaching picture readability.
The GF 20-35mm F4 R WR’s final compact design means it weighs simply 725g regardless of being a relentless F4 UWA zoom lens. The usage of the extremely versatile 82mm filter measurement makes all kinds of filters appropriate, broadening the scope of visible expressions. UWA lenses are usually large, however Fujifilm has designed this lens compact to make it extra comfy for panorama photographers who spend many hours open air in seek for expansive views.
1. Product title, launch date and value
Really useful retail value (incl. tax)
GF 20-35mm F4 R WR
- UWA zoom lens that extends the wide-angle area of GF lens lineup in pursuit of premium picture high quality
- The brand new lens covers focal lengths from the UWA 20mm to wide-angle 35mm (equal to 16-28mm within the 35mm format), that’s the widest within the lineup of Fujifilm’s GF lenses to seize information-dense topic issues in a large expanse of panorama or cityscape and to reap the benefits of wide-angle lenses’ distinctive perspective.
- The GF 20-35mm F4 R WR consists of 14 components in 10 teams, together with three aspherical components, one ED aspherical component and three ED components, successfully controlling distortion and chromatic aberration to realize superior image-resolving efficiency. This is the reason the lens can current, in superior precision, all info of a subject recorded throughout the extensive angle of view.
- The lens is utilized with Fujifilm’s distinctive Nano GI Coating know-how. It seamlessly adjustments incoming mild’s refractive index because it enters into the lens to mitigate mild reflection, thereby successfully lowering ghosting and lens aptitude even when there are angled incident rays.
(2) Compact design that brings mobility to giant format gear
- The lens is structured nearly symmetrically with the aperture on the heart to realize optimum aberration correction and compact light-weight design on the identical time. The brief flange focal distance, a singular attribute of mirrorless photographic gear, has been utilized to the utmost extent to excellent optical design that has the optimum steadiness between picture high quality and weight/measurement. The lens weighs simply 725g, measures approx. 112.5mm, and has the filter thread measurement of 82mm regardless of being an UWA zoom lens. The usage of the extremely versatile 82mm filter thread means customers can select from a wide range of filters when taking pictures panorama. The Interior Zoom system is adopted to maintain the complete size of the lens fixed, contributing to its light-weight and ease of zooming.
- A complete of 4 aspherical components are utilized in every of the lens teams to optimize the general variety of components and their configuration, thus effectively correcting aberrations to take care of superior picture high quality whereas holding the compact type issue. The concave lens floor of robust curvature, sometimes seen in UWA lenses, is utilized with specialised coating with even thickness to cut back ghosting which happens when coating thickness is uneven.
- Magnesium alloy is used for elements across the lens mount to make it light-weight and sturdy on the identical time. The form of elements has been up to date to maintain the lens mount space slim and to accommodate the Interior Zoom system to maintain the lens size fixed. These options make the lens simple to carry and maneuver, in contrast to different cumbersome UWA zooms.
(3) Ruggedized lens that’s dust- and weather-resistant and able to working at temperatures as little as -10 ℃
- The lens barrel is weather-sealed in 12 locations to make sure dust- and weather-resistance in addition to the power to function at temperatures as little as -10℃. The entrance lens component is utilized with fluorine coating to repel water and provide safety in opposition to stains. This implies customers can benefit from the lens with peace of thoughts to shoot panorama in snow-blanketed fields, within the tropics, or open air in harsh climate circumstances.
Click on on a thumbnail to see the complete model.