Second already has a fantastic fame in relation to lenses for cellphones, high-quality filters and different helpful equipment for filmmakers. Now they appear to wish to go even additional with the introduction of the Second 1.33x anamorphic adapter. The accompanying Kickstarter marketing campaign simply launched, so let’s have a look (in 2.35:1 in fact)!
Taking pictures anamorphic may be fairly daunting, and though main Hollywood movies swear by this specific widescreen look, it could possibly get fairly costly and cumbersome fairly rapidly to realize it correctly, particularly for unbiased filmmakers.
Second is an organization that makes it doable for these filmmakers to take lovely photographs with reasonably priced tools. In order that they thought a well-designed anamorphic adapter could be one thing price attempting. And apparently, they did it, take a look at the Kickstarter marketing campaign right here.
Second 1.33x anamorphic adapter
So what’s totally different with this gadget? Based on Second, the advantages are threefold:
- A Traditional Look – The Second anamorphic adapter makes use of a traditional design kind with achromatic cylinders organized in a entrance attachment, which is able to give a traditional look. However the thrilling a part of this design is which you could connect it to a pointy fashionable lens so as to add a classic character or, flip a well-loved classic lens right into a widescreen one.
- Simpler To Use – The entrance adapter doesn’t require fiddly focus or clamp rings to connect it to your prime lens. The lens attaches by way of a 67mmm thread, and a locking button permits customers to rapidly orient the lens correctly. Second eradicated the seek for particular step-up rings and so they even embrace a complete set of rings with the adapter.
- Tremendous Suitable – The Anamorphic covers S35+ format with most fashionable mirrorless lenses however can cowl Full Body (FF35) for all kinds of compact/pancake lenses in addition to many compact classic lenses
The locking button particularly appears to be a well-thought-out element, because it helps to align the lens appropriately with out having to fiddle an excessive amount of with the step-up/down rings. This helps to construct a rugged and well-performing setup.
Second lists all of the specs as follows:
- Lens Sort: Entrance Anamorphic Lens Adapter
- Building: 6E / 4G
- Squeeze Ratio: 1.33x
- Focus: Entrance Single Focus
- F-Quantity (max): 2.0
- Shut Focus: 0.7m
- Focus Rotation: 180 deg
- Rear Prime (S35): 35mm-100mm+
- Rear Prime (Full Body): 50mm-100mm+
- Prime Lens Focus: Infinity
- Entrance Filter Dimension: 82 mm
- Rear Aperture: 44mm
- Coatings: Gold Flare
- Rear Mount: M67 x 0.75 thread (step up/down rings included)
- Product Size: 77.6mm – 92mm (With out lens cap)
- Weight: 880g
After all, you’ll must correctly assist your lens with the anamorphic adapter connected to guard your cameras’ lens mount, however since this setup appears comparatively easy, the brand new Second 1.33x anamorphic adapters might actually enable filmmakers to seize lovely anamorphic photographs with out the effort (or expense) of different options, and even native anamorphic glass.
The adapter sells for $1,299 MSRP as soon as the Kickstarter marketing campaign is over. Early chicken pricing begins at $899 so should you’re quick and already determined, this might be fairly a great deal right here.
We’re saying this on the finish of each crowdfunding-related article: please concentrate on the dangers when backing a mission on a crowdfunding platform. Please learn the platform’s phrases of use and remember the fact that there may be important delays when delivering the product. Some tasks even don’t get delivered in any respect.
What do you assume? Would this ‘gadget’ be one thing you’d attempt? Share your experiences within the feedback beneath!