Final Up to date:
Though your foremost group of runners make a highly effective preventing drive all by themselves, they aren’t the solely faces you’ll be able to depend on within the Shadowrun Trilogy. Shadowrun Hong Kong options two unlockable runners – Racter and Gaichu – so as to add to your squad, with simply as many improve choices as your foremost get together.
We’ll stroll you thru the perfect improve choices to take when constructing out these runners with our Shadowrun Hong Kong companion Information.
Shadowrun Hong Kong: Racter
Your pleasant neighborhood mad scientist! Slightly than being a member of your group straight away, Racter begins out as the marginally off-putting man occupying your boat’s engine room. Whereas his fastened grin and skill to unsettle by no means fades away, Racter turns into a succesful and valued teammate over time.
Neither of Racter’s improve paths focus a lot on the person himself, reasonably they decide the path by which his fight drone Koschei develops.
The primary path, Predator, focuses totally on Koschei’s weapon techniques, having him work as a cell artillery platform. Whereas the Mangler path unleashes Racter’s id via Koschei, permitting the drone to rise up shut and deal some nasty injury.
- Racter’s first Predator improve is Elevated Accuracy, offering a flat increase of 5% to Koschei’s general accuracy.
- Mangler grants Transfer Velocity at this tier, growing Koschei’s motion by 1.
A single additional sq. of motion is barely noticeable. Chances are high you’ll swiftly overlook that you just ever put in this improve. A flat 5% accuracy enhance may appear equally negligible, nevertheless it makes a considerably bigger impression on Koschei’s effectiveness.
Finest Decide: Elevated Accuracy
- Racter upgrades Koschei with a Shotgun Mount on the Predator path at this tier.
- Racter upgrades Rotary Noticed when selecting Mangler.
Each are lethal, efficient close-range instruments. The Rotary Noticed does big injury on a crucial, and crits are more likely to occur with this weapon than with Koschei’s different armaments. And its 2-turn cooldown may be very quick however does imply that it’s a must to put some thought into when to make use of the Noticed.
The Shotgun Mount offers elevated injury and has no cooldown, however is much less correct than Koschei’s beginning weaponry. Fortunately, in case you took Elevated Accuracy at tier 1, the Shotgun Mount turns into a dependable alternate hearth mode, simply barely beating out the Rotary Noticed’s spectacular injury output when it comes to general usefulness.
Finest Decide: Shotgun Mount
Tier 3 straight improves how Racter can increase Koschei’s efficiency, reasonably than specializing in the drone itself.
- The Predator path grants Racter an improve to his Overclock capacity at tier 3, granting Koschei +2 AP and +2 Motion for a single flip.
- Selecting Mangler reduces the cooldown of Racter’s Restore to three turns, reasonably than the preliminary 5.
Whereas the shorter cooldown on Restore will increase Koschei’s survivability, it’s completely missing compared to the improved Overclock. Frequently with the ability to grant an extra 2 AP to Koschei fully swings the motion financial system in your group’s favor, turning Koschei into one in every of Shadowrun: Hong Kong’s only instruments of destruction.
Finest Decide: Increase Potential: Overclock
This tier provides small boosts to totally different facets of Koschei’s injury output.
- Koschei’s Firearm Techniques are improved via Predator, permitting the entire drone’s ranged assaults to pierce 2 armor.
- Mangler modifiers Koschei’s Melee Techniques, permitting his melee assaults to trigger enemies to take 2 extra injury every flip for the subsequent 2 turns.
Whereas the Melee Techniques increase is a pleasant enchancment to Koschei’s offensive capabilities, the injury being unfold out over subsequent turns is lower than ideally suited. The speedy impression of Koschei’s ranged weapons piercing armor is a extra substantial improve.
Finest Decide: Firearm Techniques
Koschei’s closing upgrades are among the many most helpful within the recreation, cementing Koschei’s standing because the deadliest drone in Hong Kong.
- Selecting Predator unlocks the Ares Heavy Laser, a devastating new device that’s extremely correct and offers each HP and AP injury.
- Mangler unlocks Rip and Tear, a brutal melee assault that strips a whopping 4 armor from enemies on a profitable hit.
This improve tier largely comes down to private choice, as each choices are extremely potent. Rip and Tear permits you to acquire an edge towards a few of Shadowrun: Hong Kong’s trickiest opponents. However the Ares Heavy Laser is such an unbelievable, persistently dependable fight device that it barely wins out right here.
Finest Decide: Ares Heavy Laser.
Shadowrun Hong Kong: Gaichu
The previous Purple Samurai is a ronin now, coping with his new life as a shadowrunning ghoul. You’ve gained a strong ally expert in shut fight, with energy and regenerative capabilities that set him aside even from the metahumans and transhumans that populate your group.
Gaichu’s first improve path is Purple Samurai, specializing in defensive stances, damaging a number of enemies in a single sword stroke, and modifying his ability set with restricted ranged capabilities.
Ghoul is the opposite path that Gaichu can progress down. This path grants Gaichu quite a few new expertise that may apply buffs to himself when dealing injury, in addition to ranged strategies that deal injury over time.
- Gaichu’s first Purple Samurai capacity is Lively Protection, which boosts Gaichu’s armor by 2 and his dodge ranking by 1, with a 5-turn cooldown.
- Ghoul grants Rip, which is a claw-based melee assault, dealing 2 additional injury, with additional injury utilized for the subsequent 2 turns.
Rip is a reasonably helpful possibility early on, however Gaichu unlocks loads of offensive maneuvers as you proceed to improve him. Lively Protection is helpful all over Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Gaichu is probably the most closely melee-focused character in your group, and growing his protection permits him to outlive that for much longer.
Finest Decide: Lively Protection
The second set of upgrades for Gaichu provides a selection between 2 potent ranged talents, giving Gaichu extra choices when struggling to shut the hole with foes. Each expertise have a 2-turn cooldown.
- Shuriken offers a single chunk of injury and prices 1AP.
- Spit offers injury cut up over 3 turns, ignores armor, and prices 0AP.
Shuriken is an honest ranged possibility that offers good injury, and its energy scaling permits it to enhance as Gaichu grows extra highly effective. Spit takes 3 turns to deal as a lot injury as Shuriken initially does in 1, however the bulk of Spit’s injury continues to be dealt on the primary flip. Fully ignoring armor implies that Spit continues to be helpful into the endgame.
Finest Decide: Spit
- Gaichu’s third Purple Samurai capacity is Coup De Grace, a transfer that immediately kills a single shocked goal, with a 3-turn cooldown.
- Chunk is a brand new melee assault that reinforces Gaichu’s energy by 1 for two turns, heals him for 8HP, and offers AP injury on a 2-turn cooldown.
When you’ve constructed your group to deal heavy AP injury, then Coup De Grace is an incredible capacity that may immediately take enemies out of the battle. However Chunk is helpful it doesn’t matter what your group composition, therapeutic and buffing Gaichu, lowering enemy AP, and dealing injury all of sudden. Each choices are wonderful, however Chunk barely wins out.
Finest Decide: Chunk
- Purple Samurai at tier 4 grants Metallic Cowl Bonus, an enchancment to Gaichu’s Metallic Stance that provides a Mild Cowl Bonus.
- Ghoul’s tier 4 capacity is Illness, which radiates a cloud round Gaichu that persists for 3 turns, offers heavy injury, and reduces enemy AP.
Passive mild cowl is helpful to have however provides much less selection to Gaichu’s toolkit than Illness. Gaichu’s defensive capabilities have already been improved in case you took Lively Protection at tier 2, and Illness is much too helpful a capability to cross up.
Finest Decide: Illness
Gaichu’s closing set of talents pattern towards offense for Purple Samurai, and a uncommon defensive ability for the Ghoul path.
- Purple Samurai’s Whirlwind is a brand new assault for Gaichu that hits all adjoining enemies, dealing 2 extra injury per hit.
- Regenerate is the Ghoul capacity, and when activated heals Gaichu for 6hp per flip, over 3 turns whole.
Whirlwind is extremely helpful when Gaichu is rushed by a number of foes, permitting him to function a strolling AOE. The one concern is that Illness is roughly on par when it comes to injury, and provides debuffing properties too. Taking each feels superfluous.
Regenerate has a cooldown of two, which means there’s little or no purpose to not have it lively always. Coupled with the regenerative properties of Chunk – which may stack with Regenerate – Gaichu turns into a really troublesome foe to take down.
That does it for our Shadowrun Hong Kong companion construct information! Whilst you’re right here, be sure you try our information to constructing Shadowrun Hong Kong’s Fundamental Celebration.